There’s a whole host of events that are taking place across Hull and the East Riding this Halloween season, and here are just a few of our top picks:
- Whistling Goose Children’s Party: To get your little ones into the Halloween spirit without causing too many nightmares, try the party at Whistling Goose in Sutton Fields. Traditional party games will be combined with face painting, balloon modelling, and a ghost hunt.
- Story Readings: Literary scare-seekers should try heading to Bridlington’s Spa Theatre. Supernatural ﬁction writer M.R. James will be enthralling and unnerving listeners with four gripping ghost stories
- Ghost Cruise: The Bridlington harbour-based Yorkshire Belle pleasure boat is providing a chilling twilight Ghost Cruise. Call ahead to book your spot.
- The Deep’s Spooktacular Halloween: For over-18s only, The Deep will be hosting a fancy dress Halloween party on Saturday evening for all ghosts, ghouls, devils, and witches able to attend. Ticket prices include a goblet of witches’ brew, plus a three-course Halloween buffet. Prizes are awarded for the best costumes.
- Halloween Fright Night at East Park: Combining fun fair with stunt show, East Park will become a favourite haunt from 6pm on Friday to 9pm on Monday. The Stannage International Stunt Team and Flaming Eye Stunt Show will be there, and you can look out for anything from stilt walkers to ghost walks.
- Frightwater Valley: Lightwater Valley will be reanimated as Frightwater Valley for two days in order to provide a Halloween to remember. All manner of petrifying beasts will take residence to scare any who are brave enough to venture inside. Stick around until 6.30pm on Saturday or 5.30pm on Sunday to take in spectacular firework displays.
Other events include:
- Half-term Halloween fun for kids at St Stephen’s Shopping Centre on the 29th
- Halloween Night at the Yorkshire Waterways Museum on the 29th
- Most Haunted Nites at Fort Paull on the 29th
- RSPCA Hull and East Riding Halloween Ball on the 29th
- Halloween Fancy Dress Disco at Greatfield on the 29th
- Halloween at the Prospect Centre on the 30th
- Ings Library Halloween Fun Days and Craft Session on the 30th
- Alex’s Smile Halloween fancy dress party at Marist Church Hall on the 30th
- Singles Together Halloween disco at Goodfellowship in Cottingham Road on the 30th
- Madcap Magic Mike at Bridlington Spa on the 30th
- Bransholme Woods Halloween event on the 31st
- Freedom Centre Halloween Party at the Freedom Centre in Preston Road on the 31st
No matter what you’re looking for, Hull and East Riding have plenty of options to provide all kinds of thrills and scares.